Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Mechcables Located?
Mechcables originated in Maryland, USA and expanded to Fredericksburg Virginia in December 2020. We specialize in made-to-order custom cables, which are hand-crafted by a dedicated team in our Virginia and Maryland shops.
Length Restrictions [CTRL / ALT / SHIFT / K-Type NOTE]
Due to the high power requirements of these keyboards, the absolute cable length (including coil) should be kept as short as possible. For 550 cable (26/28AWG) it's recommended to cap the total cable run at ~9ft. For all other keyboards, keep the total cable run under 13ft.
To resolve power issues:
- Check the BIOS to see if your motherboard has options to increase USB port voltage
- Use the keyboard/cable with a back panel USB port or a port that plugs directly into the motherboard
- Use the keyboard/cable with a powered USB hub
- Ensure that there aren't too many USB devices on a single interface. Too many devices and they may end up fighting for power
- Set "XHCI Pre-Boot Mode" to "Disabled" in the BIOS
Cables with detachable connectors (aviator, SF12, YC8, etc) may not be compatible with detachable cables from other vendors. Do not mix detachable cables across different vendors. Using incompatible detachable sides together can potentially cause damage to your device.
USB C 5-pin connectors are necessary for designing USB C to USB C cables. Detachable USB C 5-pin cables are only compatible with other detachable USB C 5-pin cables.
|SIZE||Inner Diameter (inches // mm)|
|Small||5/16" // 8mm|
|Medium||3/8" // 9.5mm|
|Large||7/16" // 11mm|
|Jumbo||5/8" // 16mm|